Study Guide 1
- Unorganized or __poorly_ maintained tools will hurt an automotive technician’s on-the-job performance.
- Wrench size is determined by measuring across the wrench jaws.
- What type of wrench is designed to be used with a hammer?
- Why is each end of a wrench set at an angle? Allows turning bolts and nuts with little wrench swing.
5. Box-end wrenches are available with either ___6__point____or______12 point_____ openings.
6. A universal is a swivel that lets the socket wrench reach around obstructions.
7. A pipe wrench is an adjustable wrench used to grasp cylindrical objects.
8. A Standard screwdriver has a single blade that fits into a slot in the screw head.
9. A Phillip screwdriver has two crossing blades that fit into a star-shaped screw slot.
10. How do you choose the correct screwdriver for the job.
11. When should a brass hammer be used?
12. Finish the following sentence….Files only work in one direction, away from you.
13. How should you leave a vise when finished with it? Closed but not tight
14. What is the benefit of buying quality tools? You get what you pay for, longer lasting, more durable
15. Identify the wrenches illustrated below.